Inspired by the evil queen’s potion in Snow White, this Midori-based cocktail gets brightness from lime juice, a little fizzy lift from club soda, and a nod to the witch’s poison apple with a splash of apple brandy (or applejack for subtler flavor). If you have a cool glass like the one she uses in the movie, props to you. Meanwhile, I’m garnishing mine with some candied gummy worms and a lime zest black sugar rim for a different spooky effect
- 2 oz. Midori
- 1 oz. apple brandy or applejack
- 3/4 oz. lime juice (zest the lime before using; we’ll use the zest for the rim)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup or Cointreau
- Club soda
- Wedge of lime
- Green or black sugar
- lime zest
- Gummy worms
- First, make your sugar rim. Mix the black or green sugar with lime zest in a shallow bowl. Use a wedge of lime to moisten the rim of a highball glass, then roll the edge in the sugar lime zest mixture. Fill with ice, then set aside.
- Fill a shaker bottom with ice and add Midori, apple brandy, lime juice and simple syrup or Cointreau. Shake for 10 seconds, then strain into a highball glass. Top with club soda and garnish with a gummy worm.